Saturday, December 28, 2019

Assorted untitled post breakup bad poems, June/July 2010

No promises were broken, none were ever made
Yet I feel like I've been lied to
I want to beg you to stay but I know it's time to let go
Time to face reality again
You're not going to come take me away
Like some fairytale prince charming
That frog is still just a frog
Happily ever after is a myth




They say that when you dream of someone
That person was thinking about you as they fell asleep
If that's true I wish you'd stop thinking about me
Because it hurts to dream of you
When all that's left of us is a memory

The gifts you bought are in a box under my bed
I couldn't bring myself to throw them out
Even though I don't want them now
They hold no value to me anymore
When all that's left of us is a memory

Your things are sitting on my dresser
I never got the chance to give them back
I wish I knew what to do with them
I don't want to be reminded of you
When all that's left of us is a memory




I once thought it was impossible, the way you made me feel
I once thought it was impossible that you might want to be with me too
I once thought it was impossible that we would end up hating each other
I once thought it was impossible that I could ever miss you
I no longer think anything is impossible

No comments:

Post a Comment