Saturday, December 28, 2019

Assorted Poems, Nov 2007

Dance With Me
Dance with me
a dance of passion,
and a dance of love.

Dance with me
a dance of anger,
and a dance of hatred.

Dance with me
the dance of life.
A dance of joy and sorrow,
of loss and celebration,
and of love and hatred.

Dance with me the dance of forever.

These are untitled. Yes, I was a dumb 19 year old mooning over a boy, I still think they are halfway decent
Something is different about me,
Something’s not the same.
Is this how being in love should be?
At the sound of his name,
My heart skips a beat.
I love dancing with him,
He’s great on his feet.
I think I should tell him,
But I’m just not sure.
We’re barely even friends,
But I want something more.
I suppose it’s possible he feels the same way
But over my heart the fear of rejection holds sway.


Why can you not see,
I want more than just a dance?
I want you to love me
But you don’t seem interested in romance.
Am I just not getting through?
I don’t really know how to flirt.
I should probably just tell you,
But I’m afraid of getting hurt.
Maybe I just can’t take a clue
Perhaps I don’t have a chance,
But I fall more in love with you
Every time we dance.


I hate the way my heart skips a beat
anytime we make eye contact
and how it races when we dance
I hate that I can't find the words
to tell him how I feel
and I hate myself
for feeling this way

No comments:

Post a Comment