Saturday, December 28, 2019

Assorted Poems, Nov 2008

Kiss
I opened up to you and let you in
You push me away at every step
What did I ever see in you?
Why did I fall for someone like you?
I guess it was all the little things
The way I felt comfortable enough to snuggle up to you
How how tucked my hair behind my ear
The fact that I laughed when you tickled me
Even though I'm not ticklish
And it was your kiss
Most of all it was your kiss

Canvass
"I am an empty canvas for you to express yourself on"
Do you remember telling me that?
You should probably take it back
It was a lie anyways
You never intended to be mine
And if you are a canvas, you are far from empty
I don't know your past, but I know you have one
Others have painted their portraits upon your heart
Though you hide it well, I can still see some of what they left behind
You are my only past
I was the empty canvass



A Storm of Emotions

The sky is bleak and grey.
We've been caught in a torrential downpour.
Big fat raindrops run down my face,
mingling with my tears.

I want so much to kiss you,
Right now, out here in this storm.
The moment would be perfect,
for what would be our last kiss.

The thunder and lightning scares me.
I want to cling to you,
and hold you tight,
but you wouldn't hold me now.
Even if you would,
I can't take the chance.
If you hold me or kiss me,
I might fall for you all over again.

Is it just the rain, or are you crying too?
I think you are crying.
I wanted to give you my heart.
I would have loved you.

Why are you crying?
You never even wanted my love.

Feelings
Don't know what to think, don't know how to feel
Not one bit of this seems real
Once you held me in your arms
I fell for all your charms
It was just for one night
But it all felt so right
Now I try not to think, try not to feel
You act like none of it was real
Don't you see how much that hurts?
The way I still feel makes it worse
Don't speak to me tonight
'Cause none of this feels right

No comments:

Post a Comment